Media Kit for the "Sensory Friendly Dentistry Audio Conference."
About Sensory Friendly Dentistry
The Sensory Friendly Dentistry Audio Conference is a free audio conference for dentists, orthodontists, periodontists, dental assistants, dental hygienist and dental clinic staff.
This audio conference was recorded by the Sensory Friendly Solutions team, including guest hosts. The audio conference sessions share patient and parent perspectives along with expert dentist insights to help dentistry adopt sensory-friendly practices that remove barriers to dental care and make patients comfortable.
Session hosts are Christel Seeberger, Sensory Friendly Solutions, Founder and CEO, Chelsea Bloom, McGill University, occupational therapy student and Stephanie London, McGill University, occupational therapy student.
Contact Sensory Friendly Solutions for more information about the audio conference or to interview Founder and CEO Christel Seeberger about Sensory Friendly Dentistry.
Who is the audio conference for?
Sensory Friendly Dentistry is for dentists, orthodontists, periodontists, dental hygienists, dental assistants and dental clinic staff. Dental care is inherently a sensory-rich experience that is overwhelming and anxiety provoking for many people. This audio conference shares experiences, tips and strategies to remove barriers to dental care.
This audio conference was recorded in the summer of 2021 as part of an initiative by Sensory Friendly Solutions to make dental care accessible and inclusive to more people. The content is evergreen and valuable at any time. Sensory Friendly Solutions partnered with Autism Resources Miramichi to produce this audio conference and received funding support from the Canadian Women’s Foundation.
How does the audio conference work?
The Sensory Friendly Dentistry Audio Conference includes free access to a series of five conference sessions, plus a welcome from Sensory Friendly Solutions Founder and CEO Christel Seeberger and reflections from occupational therapy students Chelsea Bloom and Stephanie London. The audio conference, and all the session are instantly available for listening by signing up. Furthermore, conference registrants also get immediate access to an additional downloadable resource, a Sensory Friendly Dentistry White Paper.
“The second you walk into a dental office, it’s like sensory overload, kind of there is bright lights there, shiny tools. There’s loud noises. There is a lot of things that you’ve never seen before.” – Dr. Rachel Korman
“From client to parent to hygienist to dentist. It really is a team effort. And yeah, I hope that every dental office will eventually be sensory friendly and will be able to incorporate those steps.” – Laura Swinburne, dental hygienist
- Maureen Bennie, parent, autism advocate and educator, Autism Awareness Centre, shares her extensive knowledge as the parent of autistic adults.
- Cindi Green, Executive Director, Autism Resources Miramichi, talks about simple steps that make a difference.
- Megan Gallant, parent, explains why she has not been able to bring one of her 4 daughters to the dentist, ever.
- Laura Swinburne, Laura’s Book Nook, dental hygienist, explains the strategies that make patients comfortable in the dental chair.
- Dr. Rachel Korman inspires new dentists to make dentistry welcoming, accessible and inclusive.
- Dr. Peter Halford, Halford Periodontics, describes how patience, care and compassion helps patients of all ages.
Download a .zip file of various versions of the Conference logo for print as well as specific social media platforms. Includes:
- High resolution version of the logo in vertical, horizontal and square orientations
- Twitter post artwork
- Facebook post artwork
- LinkedIn post artwork
- Instagram post artwork