Empower your team with Sensory Friendly Solutions training.
*Sensory Friendly Solutions, Internal report data, 2021
Why get trained?
33% of the population is more likely to experience sensory sensitivity or sensory overload.
People with anxiety, autism, concussion, hearing loss, neurodiversity, PTSD, sensory processing disorder and many more disabilities are looking for sensory-friendly experiences.
Small sensory-friendly changes have a large impact.
Are you ready to attract 33% of the population with training from Sensory Friendly Solutions?
Addressing sensory issues is part of being accessible and inclusive.
Accessibility and inclusion are more than offering wheelchair ramps or sign-language interpretation. Many different disorders, disabilities or differences can contribute to people experiencing the barriers of sensory sensitivity or sensory overload. Consider the contributing factors listed below and you can quickly see why becoming sensory-friendly is important.
- Alzheimer’s Disease (AD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism, Asperger’s, Autism Spectrum, Disorder, High functioning autism, Autistic person
- Concussion, Post-concussion Syndrome (PCS)
- Developmental Disability
- Hearing loss, hard of hearing
- Highly sensitive person (HSP)
- Intellectual disability (ID)
- Learning disability (LD)
- Lewy-Body Dementia
- Low vision, vision loss
- Meniere’s disease
- Mental disorders, mental illness
- Myalgic encephalomyelitis/chron-ic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS)
- Non-verbal learning disability (NVLD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Sensory disorder or Sensory processing disorder (SPD)
- Sensory integration disorder (SID)
- Tourette’s syndrome
- Trauma, early childhood trauma
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), mild Traumatic Brain Injury (mTBI)
- Vestibular disorder
Learn how to accommodate all eight senses with training!
People just like you are also often surprised to learn that there are more than five senses.
There are (at least) eight senses: sight, hearing, taste, touch, smell, movement, balance and interoception (internal body sense).
Creating sensory-friendly experiences at your location or event makes it comfortable for all the senses, it increases your accessibility, and helps you include more people.
Be accessible and inclusive. Be good for people. Be good for your business. Be sensory-friendly.
An example of a certificate of completed training for dentistry. Your certificates will be custom to your industry.
Learning that is tailored to you: Your industry. Your team. Your event. Your location. Your customers.
Choose training from Sensory Friendly Solutions that is customized for your business or organization. It is bespoke for your event or location. Moreover it is specific to your team and your customers.
For example, visitors at a museum encounter different sensory challenges than an audience watching a theatre performance. Get training that is customized for your industry.
Sensory Friendly Solutions training is delivered online and on-demand. Your team can learn at their own pace, and at their convenience.
Sensory Friendly Solutions training builds a foundation of understanding. It empowers your team to readily make the changes that have the most impact for your customers.
Sensory Friendly Solutions training lets your customers know you can be trusted to deliver an experience they want and need.
Topics covered include:
- Sensory Friendly 101: understand the sensory sensitivity and sensory overload your customers and even your team members experience.
- The 8 senses: it surprises most people that there are more than five senses. Learn about all eight senses to help people feel comfortable at your event or location.
- Create a sensory-friendly environment: Learn how to make simple sensory-friendly changes at your event or location to become sensory-friendly, accessible, and inclusive.
- Create a sensory-friendly approach to service: Learn how to optimize customer or employee interaction to be sensory-friendly.
- Master tools and strategies: learn how tools like sensory maps, sensory kits, and sensory stories can be used to help your customers and team members alike.
Content is customized to your industry, event or location.
Becoming the World's First Sensory-Friendly Certified Performer.
“I am being trained by Sensory Friendly Solutions to become the world’s first Sensory Friendly Certified Performer because accessibility and inclusion for my audience are important to me.”
-Christina Martin, Singer Songwriter
Working with Sensory Friendly Solutions took the stress away.
“Working with Sensory Friendly Solutions took the stress away because of how much information, help and resources were provided in training.”
-Abi Reinhart, Accessibility Leader, Social Enterprise Hub
With Sensory Friendly Solutions Training you can:
Benefits of Sensory Friendly Training:
Sensory overload is overwhelming, but the solutions can be simple.
This is the mantra that drives solutions created by our Founder and CEO, Christel Seeberger.
Working an an occupational therapist for over 25 years, Christel Seeberger saw how sensory sensitivity and sensory overload caused people to feel overwhelmed and anxious. People of all ages simply stopped living life when they could not find sensory-friendly experiences.
With adult-onset hearing loss, Christel understands these problems personally; she also experiences sensory sensitivity and sensory overload.
Why choose Sensory Friendly Solutions?
Since 2016, Sensory Friendly Solutions has worked to achieve our mission as a social enterprise: make the world more sensory-friendly. We have established our thought leadership, and demonstrated our subject matter expertise with:
- The world’s first podcast about sensory challenges and sensory-friendly solutions, with over 4000 global downloads, it includes interviews with accessibility and inclusion leaders, as well as people with the lived experience of sensory challenges.
- A growing newsletter that has more than 1500 subscribers interested in delivering sensory-friendly events and locations.
- An incredible number of free resources just for you. Access more than 80 blog posts, 10 checklists and guides, a self-assessment tool for events and locations, a short documentary and 2, first-of-their-kind, audio conferences, one for dentistry and one for tourism, arts and culture.
Sensory Friendly Solutions is a certified B Corp™. This company meets the highest standards of social and environmental impact.
Want to be the notified when we launch our training?
Enter your email below.